Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Working!

Ah hA!! So thanks to vgto! reviews I found the motivation to continue with Deep Jungle, which has made some nice progress. Hopefully later today i will upload the completed version of the song.

Also, I am very interested in the chiptune buisness, so if anybody has any information on how to create it, please leave a comment.

On another note, I am thinking of creating a blog that theoretical looks at video game music, by analyzing the scores, much like what Cruise Elroy has done in his blog pertaining to the music from the Zelda series. The problem is mainly technical, as I'm not sure how i would upload the midi files... I could just link them, or upload a .mus file that can be opened in notepad, which is free. if the idea interests anyone, let me know.

Out of time. Peace.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

http://www.vorc.org/ is a good place to start. Though it can be a bit overwhelming. There is also the http://www.8bitcollective.com/ has a lot of tutorials and forums to ask questions!

I think the best way to find how to make and learn about chiptunes is just find a guy who's chiptunes you enjoy, and ask them what they use. most folks are more than happy to share their methods.
Also depends on whether you only plan on composing, or if you are into performing chiptunes live, as both have different types of programs and software.

Hope that helps a bit. =]

Dan Bruno said...

Personally, I think it would be six kinds of awesome to see more theory-based analysis of video game music. :)